Linen gets a fresh design
The popularity of linen applications, ranging from fashion to interior design, exploded in 2012, and Cricket Radio is continuing the momentum by introducing three new design collections for 2013. The designs reflect a broad range of global influences, including ancient Egyptian art, nautical history and marine flora and fauna. Also new for 2013 from Cricket Radio are linen aprons, quilted linen picnic blankets and linen tote bags.
Cricket Radio was founded by Elizabeth Archangeli in 2012 to bring bold, original designs to the world’s softest linens. Drawing upon diverse influences from Bali to New York City and executing artisanal Vermont craftsmanship, Cricket Radio specializes in the creation of unique home goods.
Archangeli began silk-screening at the Burlington (Vt.) City Arts’ studio space and quickly realized this was the perfect medium in which to create a product that was equal parts visual appeal and functionality. Soon thereafter, Cricket Radio was founded, a screen print and design studio offering an eclectic collection of fine linen goods for the home.
Cricket Radio’s designs are influenced by Indonesian batiks, vintage Americana, rural Vermont and contemporary aesthetics. The resulting artwork is silk-screened by hand onto sustainable, organic European linen that softens with each wash. After silk-screening, Cricket Radio linen is sewn into a variety of home goods, including hand towels, placemats, napkins, cocktail napkins, table runners and throw pillows.
New design lines from Cricket Radio
- Montauk: Unexpected maritime graphics on bold nautical colors, featuring the diving helmet, compass rose and a chain “stripe.”
- Lanai: Marine flora and fauna, drawn by a local Vermont artist, gracing neutral and pastel linens.
- Alexandria: A line celebrating the awe-inspiring art of ancient Egypt with a delightful mix of patterns and animals.
New products from Cricket Radio
- Linen Apron: Featuring designs from all of Cricket Radio’s collections, the new linen aprons feature a unique tie and are equally functional and attractive.
- Quilted Linen Picnic Blanket: Quilted for comfort and durability with the soft feel of organic Italian linen.
- Linen Totes: Tote bags silk-screened with designs from the Montauk collection.
For more information on Cricket Radio’s new design collections and offerings for kitchen, tabletop and home, visit cricketradiovermont.com.